Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Oct 20 14:07:47 CDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> I was a fanatic of F-1 and of course Rally (I did a couple years of
> junior Rally back when I was growing up in Europe driving POS
> Renault's). I used to watch Rally and F-1 on Speedvision, then a stupid
> redneck housemate would complain about them fag European drivers with
> their shitboxes and crap like that... Ignorance is bliss among a large
> percentage of this population I guess...

There is a little skill in NASCAR, but it's mostly related to timing --
charging into a corner on the verge of loss of adhesion, and charging out
as soon as possible.

I'd rather see more F1 races on TV. The problem is that "anyone" can put
together a NASCAR racing platform (ooh -- see -- they look like cars!),
but it takes some serious money to build an F1 car. Not to mention that
those little powerplants are producing two to three more times as much
power as my 5.7L V8 was at the factory.

I think that they are underappreciated for what they do -- run a corner at
60 and pop 180-200 in the straight-of-way.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"