Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Oct 20 13:49:33 CDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> I was a fanatic of F-1 and of course Rally (I did a couple years of
> junior Rally back when I was growing up in Europe driving POS
> Renault's). I used to watch Rally and F-1 on Speedvision, then a
> stupid redneck housemate would complain about them fag European
> drivers with their shitboxes and crap like that... Ignorance is bliss
> among a large percentage of this population I guess...

Some of us rednecks actually enjoy watching roadracing.  I love
watching the Australian Super Touring series when I can, though time
available for watching it is limited as of late.  And WRC events...how
can you *not* love watching that.  Paris to Dakar?  Wonderful stuff.

I think it has more to do with being "macho" than anything else, and you
don't require a red neck to do that.  I'm sure a psychoanalyst would
have fun with that particular cultural bit.

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes