Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Oct 19 23:21:42 CDT 2003

> I used to race from time to time when I the money and spare time.  To do
> so I had to go to Skip Barber's school to be competitive.  I attend
> track days now and again, but I don't have a race car and the miles
> don't amount much more than a drop in the bucket.  I'm not sure why you
> refer to racing as a "treadmill", but if it's because you don't believe
> it builds skill useable on surface streets, you're sadly mistaken.

Yeah, but the other drivers on the track know what they are doing (I hope).
I friend of mine did drag racing on a track but never on the street.
His own personal code of ethics.  Of course that's not the same as the oval
track.  But he would disagree that it builds usable skill in the manner
you seem to indicate. They are not the same environment (at least here in
NJ)