Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Oct 18 12:38:32 CDT 2003

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:54:43 -0600 (MDT)
Dan Duncan wrote:

> I don't spend much time on the artificial treadmill you call a race
> track, but if I want to inflate my mileage I may give it a shot.

You *really* need to read the entire thread before making statements
like that.  I racked up all those miles as a truck driver.

I used to race from time to time when I the money and spare time.  To do
so I had to go to Skip Barber's school to be competitive.  I attend
track days now and again, but I don't have a race car and the miles
don't amount much more than a drop in the bucket.  I'm not sure why you
refer to racing as a "treadmill", but if it's because you don't believe
it builds skill useable on surface streets, you're sadly mistaken.

> No, the question was posed in hopes you would answer it.  Clearly you
> DO know better than to overdrive your visibility in certain
> situations.
>
> Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Why would it be hard?  And why do you care?

> > Your assertation that I know little about
> > driving bears no weight, pal.
>
> Could you underline where I said that above?  I'm having trouble
> finding that one, too.

Can't.  I snipped it from the message before replying, and I empty my
trash regularly.  But if you really care, do an archive search.

> And your repeated refusal to slow down around a blind curve, which
> I consider a basic driving concept.

I didn't say I didn't slow down.  I didn't say I won't slow down. You're
reading stuff I never typed.

> Should I toss out phrases in Latin here or just childish namecalling?
> You make it look so fun.

I prefer name calling.  Spouting Latin phrases isn't my cup of tea.

> > Why do you say that?  A panic stop and a stop with short notice are
> > two entirely different things.  You're reading what you want and
> > spouting garbage in reply.
>
> But I'm having so much fun doing it.

You admit it then?

> So what does actually having a record of causing accidents show?

Actually, I don't have a record of causing accidents.  Aside from
speeding tickets, my record is clean.  I've never been cited for a
moving violation aside from speeding.  Well, there was that one time I
got stopped when crossing the Dunbarton Bridge in the HOV lane, which I
didn't mean to do actually, but got stuck there due to an incident a
couple hundred yards previous.  However, I don't believe that's a moving
violation, and I took my chances with that ticket to avoid being part of
an accident.

> Again with the childish namecalling.

That's two, count them, TWO namecallings.  Ah ah ah ah ah!!!

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes