Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Oct 17 19:30:48 CDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 17:09, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> > LOL for a person who doesn't care what other people think you take things
> > rather personally. Pretty weird, I recommend you get a deep breath and
> > chill and wait for the meds to take effect.
>
> What makes you think he's upset? can you tell his tone of voice in his
> typed words? i didn't think so.

I was infering that by the constant resort to the occasional "fuck you",
in the same sense you infer that he was not upset. Maybe "fuck you" is
some sort of relaxed response wherever it is you come from...

> > BTW, in order for an average person to achieve 1.5 million driving miles,
> > he or she would need to drive 104.16 miles every day for 40 years.
>
> Last year, i drove about 35k in my car.   This averages 95.89 miles per
> day.  At that rate, it would take 42.86 years to hit 1.5 million miles.
> which means, a 60 year old could easily have 1.5 mil behind the wheel.

So kurt is 60 years old? Whoah!

> Keep in mind, that i just drive to and from client facilities.  While i
> have no experience, someone who drove for a living (courier, cabbie,
> semi driver, etc.) could easily do 60k in a year, and hit 1.5 mil in
> just 25 years, based on 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year at
> 30mph.  Just because the average person may only drive 30 miles a day,
> doesn't mean that some of us don't drive a whole lot more.

I did not say it wasn't possible, i am just saying that 1.5 million miles
is very very very very unlikely unles a) one is pretty old, or b) one is a
professional truck driver of sorts.

> > Like and old wise man said, lots of experience can not replace
good > > training and education if most of that experience is wrong.

> Oh, kinda like how MCSE's are great sysadmins, because they have a few
> classes, a few tests, and a paper that says they're good.  Wake up.

Huh? I seriously don't know what an MCSE has to do with this, all I was
saying is that experience doesn't make an opinion or method automatically
right. In the same sort of way that training and classes doesn't make
it right either. Mr. Huhn's arugment is that his experience somehow is
more important that the road code, which I respecfully disagree with. All
I have got so far is what a small world I must come from type of
and I have lived and drived in over 6 countries.

The point is that it is your responsability as a driver to be able to STOP
if anything happens in front of you. No matter how obscenities and how
much temper tantrums some members of this list throw....