Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Oct 17 18:55:35 CDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 17:09, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> LOL for a person who doesn't care what other people think you take things
> rather personally. Pretty weird, I recommend you get a deep breath and
> chill and wait for the meds to take effect.

What makes you think he's upset? can you tell his tone of voice in his
typed words? i didn't think so.

> BTW, in order for an average person to achieve 1.5 million driving miles,
> he or she would need to drive 104.16 miles every day for 40 years.

Last year, i drove about 35k in my car.   This averages 95.89 miles per
day.  At that rate, it would take 42.86 years to hit 1.5 million miles.
which means, a 60 year old could easily have 1.5 mil behind the wheel.
Keep in mind, that i just drive to and from client facilities.  While i
have no experience, someone who drove for a living (courier, cabbie,
semi driver, etc.) could easily do 60k in a year, and hit 1.5 mil in
just 25 years, based on 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year at
30mph.  Just because the average person may only drive 30 miles a day,
doesn't mean that some of us don't drive a whole lot more.

> Like and old wise man said, lots of experience can not replace good
> training and education if most of that experience is wrong.

Oh, kinda like how MCSE's are great sysadmins, because they have a few
classes, a few tests, and a paper that says they're good.  Wake up.

	-Dan Sikorski