[geeks] Re: was Suzuki Samurai, SPARC proprietary (waaaay off track)

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Oct 17 13:03:27 CDT 2003

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:22:32 -0400
> CareySchug at aol.com wrote:
>

> > 1. I don't appreciate obscenities, and I believe that you should be
> > banned from this list.
> >

> NEWS FLASH:  You joined the wrong list.  You better unsubscribe before
> your feelings get hurt again.
>
> > Even if there are no other vehicles....
> >
> > 2.  What if you came around the corner and there was a pedestrian
> > crossing the road?  Just kill him and keep on going?  It's a blind
> > curve, so s/he can't see you either.
> >

> Note to $AOLuser, you cannot win an argument by changing the subject.  I
> cited a specific example.  You cannot change the parameters to argua
> against it - in this case anyway.
>
> One would hope that the pedestrian in question knew he was putting
> himself into harms way by stepping into a street just after a blind
> corner and was comfortable with taking his life into his hands.  If not,
> he's a Darwin Award candidate.

Unfortunately, in some states, pedestrians have the "right of way"...it
will be your damn fault.

> > 3. I hope this happens to you:  Maybe there is a bridge out just
> > beyond the blind curve.  Or a tree has fallen across the
> > road.
>
> Such vehemence.  "I don't agree with you, and I hope you come to
> bodily harm!"  That's what you just said.  I'm amused by you.  You fun
> to get riled up.  What could I say next, I wonder....

Maybe he should (meant to) have said "I hope this never happens to you:..."
                                                  ^^^^^
His point of slowing down when coming to a blind curve is valid.  There are
too many idiots out there!  As far as the squirrel....it dies.  I've had too
many <add your own description here> riding up my exhaust pipe to risk a
rear end collision and most of those are SUVs that outweigh my rice burner.