[geeks] Re: was Suzuki Samurai, SPARC proprietary (waaaay off track)

CareySchug at aol.com CareySchug at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 08:22:32 CDT 2003

In a message dated 10/17/2003 8:37:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kurt at k-huhn.com writes:

> > Driver's ed 101.
> >
> > When you come upon a blind curve, you need to SLOW DOWN.  In addition
> > to not overdriving your stopping distance, you certainly shouldn't
> > overdrive your VISIBILITY!
> >

> So, one should slow down to, what, 10MPH or 20MPH?  You live in a
> fantasy world.  *Experience* teaches you how to drive, not
> some wanker in a tweed sportcoat.

1. I don't appreciate obscenities, and I believe that you should be banned from this list.

Even if there are no other vehicles....

2.  What if you came around the corner and there was a pedestrian crossing the road?  Just kill him and keep on going?  It's a blind curve, so s/he can't see you either.

3. I hope this happens to you:  Maybe there is a bridge out just beyond the blind curve.  Or a tree has fallen across the road.