[geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay off topic)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Oct 6 13:47:15 CDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 01:56:10PM -0400, Shannon wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:27:31PM -0400, Mike F wrote:
> > BMWs and Honda almost always win Car and Driver comparison
> > tests, but I think it's more due to the personal opinions
> > of the editorial staff than advertising money. You can just
>
> It might also have something to do with Honda and BMW making wonderfully
> designed and drivable cars too, while most US companies make rolling
> couches that suck.
>
> I've longed for a US built car that made me proud, but they have been as
> rare as hen's teeth. Worse, the best US built cars are never sold in the
> US.

We've been pretty pleased with our Intrepid R/T.  The base model and the
SE are mushbuckets, but the R/T's not bad (though not in the league of a
540i or my old Z28).  Unfortunately, the average American buyer actually
seems to prefer *not* to have any idea what's happening under the tires
or the hood.