[geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay off topic)

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 6 12:56:10 CDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:27:31PM -0400, Mike F wrote:

> BMWs and Honda almost always win Car and Driver comparison
> tests, but I think it's more due to the personal opinions
> of the editorial staff than advertising money. You can just

It might also have something to do with Honda and BMW making wonderfully
designed and drivable cars too, while most US companies make rolling
couches that suck.

I've longed for a US built car that made me proud, but they have been as
rare as hen's teeth. Worse, the best US built cars are never sold in the
US.

Part of it is the buyers here, who don't seem to want a real car.

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com