[geeks] Ok, who else digs goth chicks here

David Selders david at malleable.org
Sat Jan 18 00:17:11 CST 2003

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:00:19AM -0500, dave wrote:
<snip>
> One of the standard criticisms of many of the current crop of
> "post hardcore" (new-wave/no-wave, noisecore, grind, etc.) bands
> is that they aren't aware of their heritage. A little story to
<snip>

I wouldn't say that all "post hardcore" bands aren't aware of their heritage.
I know of a fair number bands that certainly know their heritage.  Although
none of these bands are radio/mtv friendly, and they are all local bands that
for the most part are on very small independent labels.  All the more reason
to support your local music scene.

On another note... I had no idea there were so many punk/hardcore fans here.
Glad to know I am not the only geek that is into hardcore and punk.  So how
about a list of favorite bands?  In no particular order:

Bad Religion
Social Distortion
Redemption87
THE NERVE AGENTS