[geeks] Ok, who else digs goth chicks here

dave dave at cca.org
Sat Jan 18 00:00:19 CST 2003

chris at chrisbyrne.com writes:

>It's sad just how FEW people do know ANY punk never mind real, good
>punk.

One of the standard criticisms of many of the current crop of
"post hardcore" (new-wave/no-wave, noisecore, grind, etc.) bands
is that they aren't aware of their heritage. A little story to
dispute that: last spring I went down to Purchase New York to
see The Locust & Arab on Radar play some big outdoor college
music fest. The Locust being the most notorious "hipster" hardcore
band around, against whom much criticism is directed.

Anyways.

The Locust gave me a Locust t-shirt for free, on the condition
that I not put it on over the shirt I was wearing, which was
a Black Flag "Nervous Breakdown" shirt.

That was cool.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------