[geeks] Pizza anyone?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 05:49:05 CST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 09:37:35PM -0800, Brian wrote:
> I am so turned off by all the chain pizzerias, that for me it goes like
> this.
> If I'm feeling lazy, its DiGiorno frozen,.
> If I want something better, I'll go for a boboli and add my stuff. This is
> the minimum that I would call decent pizza.
> A third option is to go to a nonchain Italian place, you know a NY or
> Chicago type place.
> The chains are all so blah, too little sauce that is bland and sugary
> anyway, and too little toppings.

Hear hear!

Although I do occasionally order from Pizza Hut, I consider their products
to be the pizza equivalent of Nescafe.  That is, something that claims to
be a pizza (or coffee) but is about as far removed as it is possible to get.
Provided you don't think of them as being pizza, they're a tasty snack.

Best pizza place I know of in London is Basilico in Putney.  They do
excellent take-away pizzas, and their smoothies are the ideal mixer for
vodka.

Best pizza I've ever had was at some place in Naples the name of which
I forget.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   "There seems to be something wrong with our ships today"
     -- Rear-admiral Sir David Beatty, on seeing the Queen Mary
        and the Indefatigable destroyed at the Battle of Jutland