[geeks] 1911A1 handguns (was Re: Help me convert...)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 7 10:00:07 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> It wasn't bad. It only cost me $700 three years ago in California no
> less.

Not bad at all.  I paid $400 for my Springfield new.  Upgrades are mostly
Chip McCormick parts, and I've kept the springfield mainspring housing
because it has the Integral Locking System (no need for a trigger lock) and
I have kids in the house.  I teach them well, but you can't be too
careful...

> Every time I go to the local Krispy Kreme I pass by the Dillon
> headquarters and thing "hmmmmm... I wonder what neat toys they have in
> there". The .400 cor bon looks to me a lot like a compromise between the
> full house 10mm and the run of the mill .40. I havent shot one yet
> though so I wouldn't know first hand.

Reading up on the .400 CorBon made me want to try it.  I still haven't shot
any of that caliber, so I have no idea how it will perform.  I'm in the
process of working up a couple of loads using .45 185gr bullets for defense
and target.  I won't reach .400 CorBon velocities, but the projectile will
be heavier - and IMO that's important in defense rounds.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com