[geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 6 21:03:50 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 09:59:58PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I recommended a new Mac to my mother about a year ago, thinking a G4
> tower would suit her nicely.  However, she went out and bought a new
> iMac.  She liked the look (she's an artist) and didn't need to buy a
> monitor (her only monitor is a Mac-only monitor used on her 8100).  So,
> not what I expected, but all good anyway :)

I wanted to "switch" my Mom to a Mac, but she wanted something "like what
I had before, and what I have at work" - so I set her up with a Duron 1100,
XP (with the "Classic" theme, not that fugly new-look), and moved all her old
apps over.. Set her up with a Sun 21" monitor instead of the 15" built-into
her old all-in-one Gateway Celeron 300.. She loves it.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net