[geeks] 802.11

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 17:42:20 CST 2003

--- "Michael A. Turner" <mturner at whro.org> wrote:
> floored me with the statement "802.11a went 300 feet but 802.11b only
> goes 50.) my jaw dropped, I expressed my disbelief in his ill
informed

AFAIK, 802.11b has greatest distance, then 802.11a, with 802.11g
somewhere in the middle.

The devil in the details is that 802.11b and 802.11g use 2.4 GHz (think
nice wireless phones), and 802.11a uses 5 GHz, with less interference.

None of them has great distance, in typical, one AP installations...

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/