[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:46 CST 2003

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 @ 14:20 -0500, Phil Stracchino said:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:34:58PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I thought too though, that a 3-round burst was considered good against
> > troops with extensive body armor?
>
> Urban legend.  Body armor that will stop one round of a given type will
> stop three rounds of the same type, unless it's a large-enough caliber
> round that the armor involves sacrificial ceramic plates, and the three

Not what I mean.

I'm talking about physical shock.

I've talked to people hit with powerful handgun and rifle rounds while
wearing body armor.  The ones I talked to were mostly stunned and
finished the current action, including one who was a SWAT team member
who finished an anti-robbery w/hostages mission.

However, all of them said that it was stunning to get hit, even though
there was no serious physical damage, and one of them had the breath
thoroughly knocked out of him.

>From what I heard from them, it seems clear to me that three rounds
would have a much more severe impact.  Even if temporary, I think
it would be the difference between knocking the wind out of them to
possibly incapacitating them.