[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:43 CST 2003

On Dec 13, 2003, at 12:54 AM, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Of course my position comes from personal gun experience, and the fact
> that I would not want my kids, if I ever have them, to live or have to
> experience guns. Again it is a personal choice, and I respect that
> other
> people want to have a gun, but I need to have some sort of reasurane or
> mutual trust. In the sense, I do not want to take your gun away, but I
> wanna make sure you (and this is a generic you, in case people are
> gonna
> find this insulting and what not) are not a complete moron that may
> endanger my family, or my persona.

Of course ... I mean we have driver's ed...People kill with cars all
the time...and it makes us significantly safer that training is
mandatory (even though many poorly trained people still make it to the
road) why not gun-owners ed?  And to answer who would make tests... why
not respected gun folk... they'd be perfect for making a safety test
and knowing which types of future owners would be the "wrong kind" of
owners.

Andrew