[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:44 CST 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 11:14:23AM -0500, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Of course ... I mean we have driver's ed...People kill with cars all
> the time...and it makes us significantly safer that training is
> mandatory (even though many poorly trained people still make it to the
> road) why not gun-owners ed?  And to answer who would make tests... why
> not respected gun folk... they'd be perfect for making a safety test
> and knowing which types of future owners would be the "wrong kind" of
> owners.

The problem is as was mentioned earlier.

If anti-gun people write the tests, no-one would ever pass because they
   don't trust anyone to own a gun.
If pro-gun people write the tests, the anti-gun people will scream
   bloody murder that the tests are fixed.
And if you assign a mixture of both to write the tests, they'll never be
   able to agree on a test.

(This despite the fact that, frankly, shooters are the only people
*qualified* to write the tests, because most of the anti-gunners
scarcely even know which end the bullet comes out of, let alone have
the vaguest idea how to handle, fire or carry a gun safely.)