[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:43 CST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:05:45 -0800 (PST)
Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> If you government starts changing the constitution and nobody does
> anything about it, I believe the last of the concerns of an American
> citizen should be whether or not they are gonna take their weapons. As

Er, no.  That's the first concern.  Because if the constitution starts
chnging radically, some rather abrupt changes are going to be forced on
us, and then it'll be go time.

(Hi Johnny!)

> Having a child is in itself an egotistic action, and raising it is a
> continuation of such choice. I understand your concern, and it is a
> very deeply personal choice... after experiencing first hand combat,
> well my positions on many things changed drastically and one of them
> was that at some point, under certain conditions a human being may
> lose its fear of death. Sounds silly, and I do not expect any one else
> to not put up a fight or to even understand... if my kid as an adult
> decides otherwise he/she will be free to do whatever he/she wants.

What if your child comes to at one point and wants to be on the
smallbore team at school?  Or what if she wants to learn some sort of
armed/unarmed self defense?  What makes you think that, even as the
progenitor of this human, that you have the right to take such things
away?  I understand that you've been in combat and seen people killed,
and that you've been highly affected by that experience, but denying
someone the mechanism for self defense can be a death sentance.  I don't
know about anyone else, but I would *very* much prefer my daughter have
the confidence and ability to defend herself and kick some ass, rather
than be quietly victimized and unable to do anything to help herself.
God, the thought of defenseless people just sickens me - and by that, I
mean that it makes me sick to think of someone being victimized and
unable to defend themselves.

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.