[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:38 CST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:18:27PM -0500, Rob wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> That's incorrect unless you intend to build fully automatic weapons or
> "destructive devices". (Which you can still do, you just need to pay
> the taxes and get a form 4 signed.) You can build firearms for your own
> use provided that you are not in business and do not transport them across state lines.
> You are still required to follow any state laws regarding firearm
> manufacture and possession.

Hmm, that's changed since the last time I looked it up, then.  Or my
memory is playing tricks on me, which is also possible.  (No-one's
memory is infallible, and for about the last ten years mine's been less
infallible than most.)

My recollection was that any manufacture of firearms without the correct
Federal paperwork was a Federal offence.