[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Rob rstaab at panix.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:37 CST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 08:45:22PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> > I even intend to learn how to make my own guns  and produce them for my
> > own use.
>
> Be very careful about this.  Do it without a Federal Class III license,
> and if word somehow gets to the BATF, they WILL come down on you like a
> ton of bricks.
>
> Me, I have designs in my head.  I don't intend to actually build any of
> them unless either everything drops in the pot and I *have* to, or I get
> hired by someone who's actually interested in my designs.

That's incorrect unless you intend to build fully automatic weapons or
"destructive devices". (Which you can still do, you just need to pay
the taxes and get a form 4 signed.) You can build firearms for your own
use provided that you are not in business and do not transport them across state lines.
You are still required to follow any state laws regarding firearm
manufacture and possession.

- Rob