[geeks] YAGCT

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:20 CST 2003

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:50:37 -0600
William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> For more serious hunting I have a 7.62mmN L1A1 clone that I built from
> parts myself. Move out a hollowpoint 150+ grain boattail of 1/3 of an
> inch in diameter and Bambi will drop. (It's also nice to have if
> Ashcroft and the rest of the f*%^#$%s ever cross the Rubicon.) For my
> "someday" elk hunt I plan to build a VZ-24 Czech manufactured large
> ring mauser in .300 Win Mag.

Wow.  What a coincidence.  My FAL (Imbel made) is awaiting a reciever.
It's a project that should see completion by the end of February -
hopefully, depending on free time.  I'm keeping my VZ-24 as-is though.
It's a wonderful shooter right now, and I really like the 8x57 caliber.

> I actually prefer pheasant though. Nothing like an Ithaca M37 12 gauge
> and #7 shot. I currently use my father-in-laws and I hope I'll be the
> one lucky enough to inherit it.

I tend to be rather traditionalist.  I use a very simple over-under for
that.  I don't know why I prefer it that way, but there it is.

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.