[geeks] YAGCT

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:22 CST 2003

--- Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> "With a 10,000% tax we could tax them [guns] out of existence."
> -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan, US Senator

That quote does not convey the speaker's desire to get guns out of
existance, it simply describes one possible way of achieving a
particular outcome...

I could easily see the rest of that quote being "... but that is not
what we want, we simply want to control access to certain weapons."

I have no stated opinion on gun control - that is not to say I don't
have an opinion, it is to say that I haven't stated my opinion on gun control...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall