[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:19 CST 2003

As I recall, 'Kurt Huhn' wrote:
> I usually use a muzzleloader, and by necessity, that's a .45 projectile.
>  Here in Ohio you can't use anything but a muzzleloader or pistol as a
> firearm.  But you're right.  In a lot of places and situations, anything
> over .270 may be overkill.

A few years back I joined my father and some of his friends at elk camp.
One of the guys has a .460 Weatherby magnum he brings to elk camp for
the express purpose of conning someone who has no idea what they're
getting into into shooting it.  I actually knew what I was getting
into and wanted to fire it.  It's a fairly light bolt action rifle,
and HOLY SHIT can you feel those 8000ft-lbs of muzzle energy.  I
felt like I'd been mule-kicked.

I didn't need a second shot, but I'm glad I took the first one.

(This was stictly target shooting, NOT for elk.  I like to eat
elk, which requires I can FIND most of it.)

-DanD

# When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as
# public property.  -Thomas Jefferson