[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:12 CST 2003

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 01:19:45 -0500
Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Did you know, by the way, that .50AE (as seen in the Desert Eagle) is
> ballistically equivalent to a .50-90 Sharps?

I did not know that.  I'll take your word for it, as I'm not all that
familiar with those major calibers.

> That's another thing I want to try shooting someday, just to see what
> it shoots like.

In a Desert Eagle, it's rather tame.  I don't know about any other guns.
 In a Desert Eagle it feels roughly equiv to my 1911, but that's just
percieved/felt recoil.

> > I do own a .50 in a single shot, but it takes pyrodex and a saboted
> > projectile.  ;)
>
> .45 slug in a .50 sabot?

Yup.  I like the way it shoots.  Much flatter than a .50 gas-check.

> So now, they DO make "a bluidy .700 Nitro Express".....    :)

Dear God.  *counts pennies*  That's not enough, I'm sure....

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.