[geeks] Swapping Sparc boxes...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:08 CST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> on Solaris.  I can address the third partition on my second disk as
> /dev/sdb3, or as /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part3, or as

Egad, but that is really, really fugly.

> /dev/sd/c0b0t1u0p3.

I have to wonder why they did host and bus separately instead of just
doing channel, like Solaris does.  I suppose the Linux way is more
correct, but it's another number to keep up with.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire