[geeks] 13w3 connectors

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Aug 27 15:57:26 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, at 09:06 PM, CareySchug at aol.com wrote:

> I just buy little adapters that plug into the computer and have a
> female HD15
> socket on the back, then use a standard VGA cable (especially since
> most
> monitors I see have a cable not a socket).
>
> I assume some electronics is required not just a cable to use an Intel
> type
> mouse and keyboard with Sun?  I have Sun and non-sun on a KVM
> (Keyboard-Video-Mouse) switch, but for the Sun machines I have to go
> grab the dedicated sun
> keyboard, it would be nice to have them switch too.  The commercial
> converters I have seen are too expensive.

Carey--

I have one of the Belkin converters so that PS/2 keyboards can
be used on a Sun.  These run about $119 new, iirc.  It's just
gather dust around here.

I'd be interested in swapping something or cash.  Things I'd be
interested in:

Mac parts, B&W or later
Desktop 4-8 port 10/100 switch (like the 3-Com tiny boxes)
Belkin USB to Serial adaptor (has both 8-pin mini-DIN and
   DB9 serial)
an 802.11 WAP, any brand
9GB or bigger SCSI HDs, preferrably SCA
game consoles/games--PS 2, Gamecube, and PS 1 are top on my
   list, but will also consider N64, NES, etc.

I might be interested in other things, those are just the
things that come to mind.

Thanks--
=Nadine=