[geeks] Sun Ultra 80 Fast Enough?

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Sat Aug 16 10:18:25 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 08:23  PM, Aaron Finley wrote:
> Just wondering if the Sun Ultra 80 at 2-4 processor @ 450, expert 3D
> is fast enough these days for general computing?

Good $diety man!  Are you being serious?

I just got a Sun U60/2x450 workstation at $work, and it STOMPS the 1Ghz
HPaq workstation I had before.  And I don't mean 'slightly' faster... I
mean there is *no* comparison.  Mozilla roars on the thing.  Code
compiles whiz by.... yummy.

The U80 series is incredibly sexy, and provide you with an excellent
computing experience.   If you buy it and don't like it, please sell it
to me.

:-)

Gary