[geeks] Elation... :-) a new rescue mobile?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Aug 11 12:56:36 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 12:40 PM, Michael A. Turner wrote:

>  I just bought an Toyota Echo for this very reason. 6'1" 300 pounds
> and I
> fit in it nicely. Not only that but I can still fit three other adults
> in
> it. They did something with the height of that car cause the seats are
> up
> much higher than usual. Most little cars I feel like I have to crawl
> out of
> them. The echo I just step out. Lots of head room to spare and I LOVE
> the
> off center speedometer.

The Mini is like that too (speedometer).  The Ford Focus is a great car
for this as well... Personally I've never liked the Echo because it
isn't pretty on the outside... i.e. really short trunk looks like a
baby shoe... but It probably could go 300,000 miles or more without
trouble :-)... so it's  probably a really good car.

> It is the best thing ever. No more hands or steering
> wheel blocking my view. Also the 46 MPG is keeping me happy also. It
> may not
> be as flash as an SUV but I find it to be a great buy.

Did you consider the Prius version?... I bet that gets even better
mileage ;-).

Andrew