[geeks] Elation... :-) a new rescue mobile?

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Aug 11 11:40:33 CDT 2003

> > and a nod to Kurt H.  She originally wanted a PT Cruiser GT.  She
> > doesn't really fit in it so well and it's too small... but
> that 215 HP
> > engine is darn peppy. ... the real problem I think was that
> we sat in
> > the car we have now and didn't want to leave .... the rest
> of the car
> > shopping was spent justifying its purchase.... I strongly
> recommend the
> > vehicle to people of large frame.... even the pedals adjust
> to where
> > your feet are.
>
> I'm a big guy, and surprisingly, my Kia Sportage (2001 model,
> but the '98
> model I had previously was the same) is roomy and comfortable.
>
> I'm 5'11" and Amy is 6'2", and we don't have a problem with it.
>
> Bill

 I just bought an Toyota Echo for this very reason. 6'1" 300 pounds and I
fit in it nicely. Not only that but I can still fit three other adults in
it. They did something with the height of that car cause the seats are up
much higher than usual. Most little cars I feel like I have to crawl out of
them. The echo I just step out. Lots of head room to spare and I LOVE the
off center speedometer. It is the best thing ever. No more hands or steering
wheel blocking my view. Also the 46 MPG is keeping me happy also. It may not
be as flash as an SUV but I find it to be a great buy.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org