[geeks] End of the IRIX line for Indy and Indigo2

Rob Fielding rob at dsvr.net
Fri Aug 8 10:32:39 CDT 2003

> I'm trying to scrape up the cash to get basic Fullcare support and
> prodev.  After I get that, I'll be working on getting upgrades to an
> Octane2 (expensive, but I might as well keep my eyes open to lay the
> groundwork of PSU, frontplane, and motherboard, in hopes of the days
> when Vpro graphics becomes affordable.  I'm guessing that dual R12ks
> will never be cheap though).  The way I look at it, running on SGI
> hardware a few years behind, with minimal support contract is a hair
> cheaper than trying to run with windows or get into MacOS X.

If you're going to do that within the next 5 years, I would imagine it's going
to be cheaper for you to buy a used Octane2 straight off than try to build one
out of bits.

But that all depends on whether you're the sort that has tens of thousands or
  tens and twenties.

--

Rob Fielding
rob at dsvr.net	Development	www.dsvr.co.uk