[geeks] NEC FE1250 on SGI

rob rob at dsvr.net
Mon Aug 4 15:52:25 CDT 2003

Hi,

Anyone had success getting an NEC FE1250 to work with an SGI.

I've tried

13W3 connector with all pins
13W3 connector with all the little pins removed

I end up with zero picture on the NEC during PROM and once booted.

I've tried plugging the monitor into a running machine, and cold
booting incase there's some sensory goings-on at boot up.

As far as the spec goes,

http://www.necmitsubishi.com/products/home/DetailedSpecs.cfm?product_id=83&division=NEC

it's supposed to sync-on-green :

Seperate sync: TTL Level
Horizontal sync: Positve/Negative
Vertical sync: Positive/Negative
Composite sync: TTL Level, Positive/Negative
Sync on Green: Video (Positive) 0.7 Vp-p
Sync (Negative) 0.3 Vp-p

I haven't found a SOG specification for SGI boxen.

I've tried an Indy 24bit newport and an High Impact I2 (didn't try
very hard with the I2 and never let it get past PROM because I didn't
put a keyb/mouse in it).

Sadly experiences are a bit thin on google for this type of monitor,
which is a pitty because for a 3year old it's a not-bad 22".

Cheers,

Rob