[geeks] Internship

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Apr 29 10:35:23 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 14:47, Rob Fielding wrote:
> > It is nice to see other UK people on here :-)
>
> Well hi there from sunny Manchester!
>
> I must admit i stumbled over here some months ago looking for various infos
> on SGI boxen that didn't involve hanging about in comp.sys.sgi.* and I
> cannot tell you how absolutely amazed I am to find such a nice bunch of
> peeps here who seem to like computing for the fun of it. Like minded geek
> types rather than moot zelots crying over their beloved platform's loosing
> market share and bitchin hatred of everyone else. Erm, sorry, I guess the
> years over at comp.sys.sgi.* have affected me more than I thought...

Oh, I thoght you were speaking about bsd versus linux wars ;-)

> This place is so much hoopier :) I might even buy a Sun.

I love sgi boxes for the pretty case and the nice movies they make with them
:-)

I might once buy myself one :)

--
Frank Van Damme    | "Saying 8MB of RAM doesn't do as much anymore is
http://www.        | like saying a gallon of water holds more than it