[geeks] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Apr 11 13:08:58 CDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Kevin wrote:

> 2.) i never made any mention of themes or make any
> major changes such as widgets or toolboxes.  I just
> don't need cartoon animation on my screen if it slows
> it down.  Or transparencies.

I don't have any animation on my screen other than minimizing/restoring
windows and the slight "throbbing" of progress bars.  On modern video
cards with OpenGL support, you get the transparency pretty-much "for
free", and, in the places it's used it does a good job of keeping sheets
and menus from obscuring whatever you're looking at.

This sounds more like an application complaint than an OS complaint.
Either that, or there's animation happening on my screen that I'm
completely oblivious to.

> It is very sporadic but unplugging all USB devices
> always fixes the problem.

That sounds more like a hardware/firmware problem than an OS X problem.
I had a G3 with similar problems that I eventually tracked down to a
dodgy system board.

> And finally, no i am am not the guy talking about U10s,
> point in fact i have never even touched one.

Okay.  I've you confused with someone else, then.  Sorry about that.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  Q:  What do you call the hum of a rack of Apple
Thorndale, TX      (*      XServes?