[geeks] Inexpensive SGI Indigo 2 R10K

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Nov 10 00:18:03 CST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:37:40PM -0600, Jonathan C Patschke wrote:
> some character sequences if I type them too quickly.  For example,
> "grep", -always- comes out "gr-ep", unless I type it slowly.  And, yes,
> I have verified that I'm not typing the dash.

Weird - I've NEVER had tha thappen, and I type like a greased monkey.
Is this locally, or via SSH to another system?  99% of my stuff is
SSH to ohno.

> It seems as though there is little love for ADB in OSX.  That's so sad,
> since I've yet to meet a USB keyboard that feels as good as a Apple
> Extended keyboard.

I like the MacAlly iKey keyboards, because THEY DONT HAVE THE NIPPLE DOTS
ON THE WRONG KEYS (e.g, they're on f and j where GOD INTENDED THEM TO BE -
but on the ADB keyboard they're on d and k, ap o ewmn i[ tu[ewomG ;OLE TJOS/.

(so I end up typing like this)

For a touch-typist who learned on a keyboard with the "dots" on f and j,
a original Mac extended ADB keyboard *sucks*.  Good feel, but those dots
are the only thing wrong with it.

8-)

Bill

--