[geeks] Inexpensive SGI Indigo 2 R10K

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Nov 9 23:37:40 CST 2002

On Saturday, November 9, 2002, at 10:10 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Get "GLTerm" (www.pollet.net/GLterm) to replace terminal.app, BTW.
>
> I *hate* terminal.app, but LOVE GLTerm.

I still never got around that bug of it shifting the wrong characters,
so I dumped it in favor of terminal.app, or rxvt, if I happen to have X
running.  Terminal.app has gotten a lot better, but it's really fragile
w.r.t. line noise.  However, rxvt has the trouble of totally munging
some character sequences if I type them too quickly.  For example,
"grep", -always- comes out "gr-ep", unless I type it slowly.  And, yes,
I have verified that I'm not typing the dash.

It seems as though there is little love for ADB in OSX.  That's so sad,
since I've yet to meet a USB keyboard that feels as good as a Apple
Extended keyboard.

--
Jonathan C. Patschke
Celestrion Information Systems