DD'ing IRIX Disks (was Re: [geeks] Apple vs. Sun)

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Nov 7 13:22:39 CST 2002

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 08:30 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> GCC works *exceptionally* well under Irix.

BAH!!!

It works well except for when you try to build -anything- that needs
inet_ntoa() or semaphores, which includes the three main applications I
run on my server: Apache, PostgreSQL, and Postfix.  Apache and Postfix
see every connection coming from 255.255.255.255 or 0.0.0.0, and
PostgreSQL just fails miserably due to the lack of semaphores.

The GCC team has known about this bug for -years- and says "it is
difficult to fix."  I'd work on fixing it myself if, instead of
MIPSpro, I had lots of free time.

--
Jonathan C. Patschke
Celestrion Information Systems