[geeks] death of a computer

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 22 09:58:54 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:37:40AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > > I also founf myself loking at a propane chicken/turkey fryer for the
> > > bottom burner part - so that I could ueffectievly use the wok.  My stove
> > > just doesn't get hot enough to do it right...
> >
> > Woks are cool.  The second quality pan I'll buy when I get my own place is
> > a nice wok.
> >

> Oddly, everywhere I've read about woks, they say to get a decent cheap
> one - the high carbon content makes it better somehow?  I dunno.  I
> paid, um, $20 for mine - Joyce Chen I think.  After seasoning it, and
> cooking about 5 meals, nothing sticks to it.  It also makes a great
> deep-fryer.

In a pinch, a proper sized wok makes a good substitute for a pot.  Never
tried using it for a sauce pan, but might be decent there.  It's a fine
frying pan, unless you are trying to make omelets. It can do those also, but
not anywhere near as well, unless it is either an unusually large wok, on an
unusually small bottom (I think.  I've only tried it in my wok).

--
Joshua D. Boyd