[geeks] death of a computer

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Wed May 22 11:51:39 CDT 2002

> Oddly, everywhere I've read about woks, they say to get a decent cheap
> one - the high carbon content makes it better somehow?  I dunno.  I
> paid, um, $20 for mine - Joyce Chen I think.  After seasoning it, and
> cooking about 5 meals, nothing sticks to it.  It also makes a great
> deep-fryer.

Hm. I think we paid about that much for our wok. With a wok though, the
most important element is not the construction, but the *heat* you have
available. THere are all kinds of things you cant cook without
*significant* heat available. We've been considering getting a separate
burner for our wok.

alex