[geeks] toast.

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Wed May 22 09:33:15 CDT 2002

> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:10:01AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > > man.  this is toast.
> > >
> > > http://www.fa-art.pp.se/Baires.htm
> > >

> > For some reason they talk about the art like this:
> > "The confrontation which is found within the unexpected uses of this
> > symbol, food, causes unease, anguish or revulsion."
>
> I don't know who would really feel confronted or upset (except maybe someone
> who is starving) at this use of food.  Some might quibble over whether it is
> art or not.  Geeks are most likely to say that it is a cool hack.

My thoughts:

	It's a toaster.

	I haven't had breakfast yet.

	*unprintable*

	I wonder if I could get a toaster that size.

	I wonder if I could eat a piece of toast that size

	*unprintable*

	coffee.

So there.

I don't see anguish, revulsion or unease. I just want to know where I
can buy a toaster that size, and the bread to go with it.

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator