[geeks] toast.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 22 08:27:10 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:10:01AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > man.  this is toast.
> >
> > http://www.fa-art.pp.se/Baires.htm
> >

> For some reason they talk about the art like this:
> "The confrontation which is found within the unexpected uses of this
> symbol, food, causes unease, anguish or revulsion."

I don't know who would really feel confronted or upset (except maybe someone
who is starving) at this use of food.  Some might quibble over whether it is
art or not.  Geeks are most likely to say that it is a cool hack.

> What?  I can't wait to see the unease, aguish, and revulsion should
> someone (like me) walk up with a couple jars of jelly and make breakfast
> out of it :)
>
> I'm gonna need another jar of blueberry jam...

There's a story floating around.  It might be true.  A man hung a urinal on
the wall and called it art.  When Andy Warhol was at that show, he walked up
to the sculptur and pissed on it.

As to this piece, if someone takes photos and makes large prints from them,
I'd love to have one to hang.

--
Joshua D. Boyd