[geeks] toast.

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Wed May 22 09:38:45 CDT 2002

From: "Steven Hill" <sjh at matrix.net>

> > > For some reason they talk about the art like this:
> > > "The confrontation which is found within the unexpected uses of this
> > > symbol, food, causes unease, anguish or revulsion."
> >
> > I don't know who would really feel confronted or upset (except maybe
someone
> > who is starving) at this use of food.  Some might quibble over whether it
is
> > art or not.  Geeks are most likely to say that it is a cool hack.
>
> My thoughts:
>
> It's a toaster.

I've just had a look to see what the fuss is about. It's definitely some
toast! :) I quite like it.

It's not the first time I've seen toast-art either. I saw a Cardiff Art School
Final Year exhibition and one of the exhibits was a room with a cooker
(stove/oven) at one end and the floor covered in neatly arranged pieces of
toasted bread ranging from untoasted in one corner to totally blackened in the
other.

I have no idea what its purpose was but it made me smile.

Will.