[geeks] photogeeks?

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Thu May 16 23:01:15 CDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Don McClure wrote:

> > Hm. Yeah. The problem is, I'm no good with "hardware." Twiddling the
> > camera I can figure out until I get the right image. Film is just so ...
> > analog. I find it hard to grasp.
>
> A hundred a fifty dollar 35mm point and shoot will have higher
> resolution then any digital camera available for under $10k. I do
> enjoy the instant gratification of my little Powershot though.

Resolution, probably.  Definition and contrast, maybe not.  My Olympus
C-700, and *certainly* my dad's $2000 E-10 SLR, get *excellent* contrast,
and if I print on a dye-sub continuous tone printer, the photos they take
are above the effective resolution of the printer anyway.  Makes an
excellent facsimile of a photograph.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"