[geeks] photogeeks?

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Thu May 16 21:10:58 CDT 2002

> Nice pictures. You probably won't get much in the way of real quality
> if you
> try to make a poster size print of the first one. Those pixels will get
> mighty blocky above about 8x10. Color will get muddy too. You should
> have
> used film. ;)

Hm. Yeah. The problem is, I'm no good with "hardware." Twiddling the
camera I can figure out until I get the right image. Film is just so ...
analog. I find it hard to grasp.

> For real work, I use my Leica M rangefinders, or Rapid Omega and
> Rolleiflex
> medium format cameras.

"range fingers"? What I like most about the first one is it seems to me
to be uncontrived. The other two were kind of cliche. Pretty, but
cliche. After you've sat and figured out the right focus and so on,
where's the spontaneity?

alex