[geeks] Off-road trucks (was F*n sweet car..)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon May 13 10:44:48 CDT 2002

> > > I  think the physics of that are pretty impossible. :)
> > >

> > I'm trying to imagine where one would place two big-blocks.  Not that
> > it's impossible, but I don't think it would be a Chevette any more, what
> > with the frame modifications and body removal.  Hrm, it might be doable,
> > but certainly would require enourmous amounts of engineering.
>
> I'm thinking four wheel drive.  Engine in front driving front wheels, engine
> in back driving rear wheels.  Plus provides some balancing.

ooooh.  Maybe - that makes the most sense.  I can't imagine my oversight
here also - Hemis didn't come in 440 flavor.  The most common was 426,
and I don't recall anything higher.  There were earlier hemis in smaller
displacements, produced in the late 50's if memory serves.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."