[geeks] Off-road trucks (was F*n sweet car..)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon May 13 10:31:35 CDT 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:16:22AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> David Passmore wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 12:03:37AM -0400, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
> >
> > > I know someone who wedged *two* Chrysler Hemis (I think they were 440's),
> > > into a *Chevette*.
> >
> > I  think the physics of that are pretty impossible. :)
> >

> I'm trying to imagine where one would place two big-blocks.  Not that
> it's impossible, but I don't think it would be a Chevette any more, what
> with the frame modifications and body removal.  Hrm, it might be doable,
> but certainly would require enourmous amounts of engineering.

I'm thinking four wheel drive.  Engine in front driving front wheels, engine
in back driving rear wheels.  Plus provides some balancing.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo