[geeks] isdn gateways

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sun May 12 07:55:34 CDT 2002

Oh yes, believe me I know. But I already have an NTU (the terminiology is
different depending on what country you're in) stuck on the wall, and the TA
is built in to the box. I know for a fact the the ISDN TA built into the
SS10 and Indy both work in the UK and since Ireland uses the same system I'd
assume they work here.

> Linux runs on an Indy, but you'll need to net-boot it.  Dunno if this is a
> problem for you or not.

Netbooting wouldnt be a problem, the problem is just how little device
support is currently in linux for the indy, and how unstable it appears to
be from most accounts. Really it comes down to using NetBSD for the Indy and
NetBSD or Linux for the SS10 (assuming I dont use solaris) and I dont know
if any of them will support the internal ISDN on eithre machine, nor can I
find documentation that says yay or nay.

Chris Byrne