[geeks] isdn gateways

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon May 13 06:37:26 CDT 2002

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 01:55:34PM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Netbooting wouldnt be a problem, the problem is just how little device
> support is currently in linux for the indy, and how unstable it appears to
> be from most accounts.

I just mailed someone who's running Linux on a couple of Indys.  He doesn't
use ISDN, but re stability, he says ...

" gem at skinner:~$ uptime
   19:43:44 up 38 days,  9:28,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01
  [gem at fowley gem]$ uptime
   21:53:13 up 20 days, 12:57,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

  skinner runs DNS/Jabber servers and fowley runs X, and i'd guess the
  reboots 38 and 20 days ago where to with power or some other mucking
  around ... so the answer is yes, i'd even go as far to say that i
  think they may be more stable than Intel Clones "

[pause]

right, now that I've got a login on the box, I've taken a look and there's
no evidence that the ISDN is supported.  This is using a stock Debian
kernel.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

     Israel delenda est