[geeks] F*n sweet car... has anyone seen this car yet?

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Fri May 10 18:54:44 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 12:01:31AM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:

> The thing is its clear from GM records that the GTO and the Camaro were both
> concepts well before the mustang launch. And there was also the whole
> Tempest thing. GM had these concepts around the same time as Ford, Ford just
> brought the ultimate expression of it to market first and best.

The timeline's I've read say Camaro development really began in '64. Can you
provide an online reference?

> Lucky bastard. I myself owned my Camaro and my Capri before the age of 18
> but neither lasted long in my posession. My most recent transportation was a
> leased '02 Opel Astra (think volkswagen golf meets Saturn sl2). When I am
> back in funds I plan on buying a 92-94 BMW 5 series and taking it over to
> Dinan and/or AC schnitzer.

I am really looking forward to the new Cobra. I'm going shopping for one
tommorrow. The SVT team has done a kickass job on this one; Eaton
supercharger, 6-speed, Bilstein shocks, 13" brakes, better frame bracing.
It's no Cobra R, but they have basically made a Saleen S-281 without the
body panels.

David